We are looking for volunteers to help our Volunteer Organisers Network host online events, make them accessible and give participants the best experience possible.
Location: Online – all meetings will be held on Zoom, a free video conferencing platform.
- Administering Zoom events by hosting the Zoom meeting, monitoring the waiting room, ensuring participants are unmuted, overseeing the chat and recording the event.
- Editing and subtitling the event recording.
Required skills: We welcome everyone; no previous experience is necessary. However, as this is a digital volunteering role, you will need access to a computer and Internet connection to participate.
When required: This is an ongoing volunteer role. The Volunteer Organisers Network hosts events every other month, and if you could offer to volunteer for 4-6 hours per event that would be welcomed. You can choose how few or may events you help with.
Why volunteer with us:
- Meet a friendly group of new people!
- Learn basic digital skills like hosting a Zoom call and editing and subtitling a video.
- Network with heritage professionals across Scotland.
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2022.
If you’re interested in the role, email Erin Burke, Make Your Mark Communications Officer, at email@example.com. Erin will then contact you to set up a wee informal chat about the role.